Follow this mouthwatering recipe of sweet and tangy wings and treat your family on dinner table.
- 3 pounds chicken wingettes (about 30)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- Sliced jalapeno pepper, finely chopped red onion and sesame seeds, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with a dash of salt and pepper. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, BBQ sauce, mustard, garlic, liquid smoke if desired and remaining salt; pour over wings. Toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, 2-3 hours. If desired, top with jalapenos, onion and sesame seeds to serve. Freeze option: Freeze cooled fully-cooked wings in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Reheat wings in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan in a preheated 325° oven until heated through, covering if necessary to prevent browning. Serve as directed.