Try this delicious smooth and creamy gelato with bright strawberry flavor and just a hint of sea salt and honey.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-1/2 cups fresh strawberries (about 12 ounces), halved
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add cream, processing just until combined. Remove to a bowl; stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 4 hours.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream maker no more than two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.)
- Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing head space for expansion. Freeze until firm, 3-4 hours.