1 baby goat legs, around 1.5 kg
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp salt
½ teaspoon garam masala
Spicy Mutton Curry in Tomato Curry:
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
500g cleaned and marinated mutton
3 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
¼ teaspoon turmeric
¼ tablespoon salt
¼ tablespoon chilli powder
1 green chilli
1 cup water
¼ teaspoon garam masala
2 teaspoon coconut powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 lemon or lime
- Clean goat thoroughly is the most important part in this curry. Cut off all the fats, and repeatedly rinse and drain in the water until the water is clear and no blood remaining.
- Then, marinate the mutton with chilli powder, salt, and garam masala.
- Divide the goat into 3 bags with 500g each. Cook with 1 bag of 500g, and freeze the rest in a zip lock bag. If you are using the whole 1.5 kg goat, double the ingredients in mutton tomato curry recipe.
- To start, heat up oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add onions and fry until onions start to turns transparent.
- Then, add ginger, garlic, green chilli and fry until flavoursome.
- Next, add chopped tomatoes, and cook until tomatoes start to turn mushy.
- Then, add mutton. If you are using freeze mutton, cook until the mutton is defrost in the pan before adding the spices. If you are preparing with newly cleaned and marinated mutton, just stir the mutton until it is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Add turmeric, salt, chilli powder, garam masala, water, coconut powder and coriander powder. Mix until all combined.
- Close the pressure cooker, and cook for 10 whistles. It takes about 20 to 25 minutes, and you will get the most delicious spicy soft mutton curry in tomato gravy.
- Serve with steam rice, thinly chopped onions and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.