- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
- ¾ cup raspberries, pureed and pushed through a fine mesh sieve, plus more whole berries for garnish if desired
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (this equaled close to 8 of my lemons)
- 4-6 cups cold water (this will vary depending on your taste)
- Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar with 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and heat until the sugar in completely dissolved; swirl the pan occasionally. Let cool.
- Measure 3/4 cup of fresh raspberries and puree them in your blender or food processor.
- Push the raspberry puree through a fine mesh sieve to separate the seeds from the pulp.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, combine the raspberry puree, simple syrup and lemon juice in a large pitcher.
- Add 4-6 cups of cold water. The amount of water you use will depend on your taste, so add as little or as much as you want to achieve your perfect sweet/tart balance.