- 1 pound ground Beef
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce (if doing Paleo, replace with Coconut Aminos or wheat-free soy sauce for gluten-free diets)
- 1/4 cup brown Sugar (replace with raw Honey or other paleo-approved sweetener and adjust amount to taste e.g. 2-3 tablespoons to begin with)
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 3 inch long (thumb-size) fresh Ginger, grated (or 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger)
- A pinch of Red Pepper flakes
- Cooked Rice (or cauliflower rice or Lettuce leaves for Paleo)
- Roasted Sesame Seeds, for garnish
- 3 Green Onions or Scallions, sliced thinly
- Cook the beef and minced garlic in a preheated skillet until the meat turns brown. I cook the beef until it’s dark brown as I want the meat to be a little crunchy.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, grated ginger (or ground ginger) and red pepper flakes (if using). Replace with paleo-approved ingredients if doing paleo. Use fresh ginger if you can as it adds a lot of flavor. Pour all the sauce into the beef and mix well. Cook just until everything is heated through. NOTE: If you’re able – use fresh ginger as it just so delicious with it!
- Serve on top of freshly cooked rice (or cauliflower rice and lettuce wraps, if preferred). Garnish with roasted Sesame seeds and sliced green onions. Enjoy!