- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- Cut the cheese into 8 3 1/2/x 1/2×1/2″ sticks.
- Put flour into shallow dish and dredge the mozzarella sticks lightly in flour, shaking off the excess.
- One by one, dip in the beaten egg, coating completely, and then roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Put the sticks on a plate and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Heat a deep fryer or heavy pot to 365 in 3 inches of oil.
- Fry the mozzarella sticks in 2 batches until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with hot marinara sauce.