To obtain excellent summer beverages, you don’t always have to go to a fancy restaurant or café; there are many of cocktails that can be made with only a few ingredients. Here are three cocktails that need little to no work and provide a pleasant refreshing drink that will take all of your tension away.
Thai Ice Tea
We enjoy the sweet drink with just the right amount of spiciness from the tea. The most popular milk to use in the tea is sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk, but coconut milk would also make a fantastic dairy-free choice! Ice tea is a popular beverage in Thai households. As the dish has grown in popularity in the United States, several eateries have attempted to give it their own spin.
- Bring water to a boil. In a large pitcher, combine boiling water, Thai tea mix, and sugar. Let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain tea using a fine-mesh strainer, pressing on the tea leaves to extract all of the liquid. Chill until cold, at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour tea over ice and add 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk to each glass.
Who doesn’t recall this famous cocktail? We’ve all tasted it, and some of us even drink it on a daily basis. Simply said, a Pina Colada is a tropical milkshake that will calm you down and take away all your problems. What appears to be a drink made up of a variety of ingredients is not. It is made up of simply a few components.
- In a blender, blend together frozen pineapple, ice cream, coconut milk, and pineapple juice.
- Divide between glasses and garnish with a pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry.
What happens when fresh lemon and frozen strawberries are combined? Let me tell you, the outcome is fantastic. It’s light, sweet, and zesty. To brighten it up, garnish with a mint leaf. However, this is a personal opinion.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer and stir until dissolved. Let cool.
- In a blender, combine strawberries and 1 cup water. Blend until pureed. Using a fine-mesh strainer, strain puree and discard solids.
- In a large pitcher, combine simple syrup, strawberry puree, lemon juice, and the remaining 4 cups of water. Adjust with more water or lemon juice to taste.
- Serve over ice with mint, if desired.