Ingredients (250 ml cup used)
- Milk – 750 ml or 3 cups
- Vermicelli/seviyan – ¾ cup
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Condensed milk – 4 tablespoon
- Almonds, Cashew nuts, Pistachios – 10 to 12, sliced
- Soft Dates – 10, de-seeded, chopped
- Cardamom powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Kewra essence or rose water – 1 teaspoon
- Saffron strands for garnish
- Heat ghee into a pan, add seviya (vermicelli) and roast till it reaches to mild brown colour. Then keep Aside.
- Roast cashew nuts, almonds and pistachio in the same pan without adding more ghee. Then keep aside.
- Place a sauce pan over medium heat and add milk to it. Let the milk come to a boil.
- When milk starts boiling, add condensed milk and keep the flame to low. Keep stirring in between for avoiding from sticking down to the pan.
- When the milk gets to nearly ¾ rth of its quantity, add seviya into it and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or till they get soften.
- Add the roasted nuts, soft dates, cardamom powder. Cook for 2 minutes on low by stirring continuously.
- Turn off the gas. Add kewra essence or rose-water. Then take it out in a dish and garnish with dry fruits and saffron strands.
- Sheer khurma is ready to serve. You can serve it warm or chilled.