- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 2tbsp flour
- 2tbsp skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- 5tbsp peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3tbsp vegetable oil
For the herb mayonnaise
- 6tbsp mayo
- ½tbsp chives, chopped
- ½tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1½tbsp basil, chopped
- ½tbsp mint sauce
- ½ watermelon, cut into 4 wedges
How to make
- Take the 2 chicken breasts and slice lengthways before seasoning with salt and pepper. Roll the chicken breasts in the flour – making sure all the meat is covered.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the milk and egg together. Dip the chicken breast slices in the egg wash and then roll in the chopped peanuts. Make sure the chicken is fully coated. This is a perfect job for your little helpers.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until evenly coloured and the chicken juices run clear when the meat is pierced.
- Pierce the chicken slices onto the kebab skewers to create the lollipops and set aside on a tray.
- For the herb mayonnaise, chop all the herbs roughly. Get the children to combine the herbs, mayonnaise and mint sauce and mix well.
- Serve the chicken lollipops alongside the mayonnaise with some wedges of watermelon.